United Way of Northern New Mexico (UWNNM) is accepting grant applications beginning today and running through 5 p.m. March 28.
To apply for a UWNNM grant, organizations must meet all of the following criteria:
• Nonprofit 501(c)(3) status
• Serving Los Alamos and/or Rio Arriba counties
• Impact one of the four focus areas: Nurturing Children & Youth, Strengthening Families, Improving Health & Healing, Enriching the Lives of our Seniors
• Administrative costs must be less than 25 percent of total organizational budget (Administrative cost is calculated based on the sum of management and general expenses and fundraising expenses as a percentage of total revenue.)
Applicants must submit 15 copies of your grant proposal by mail or deliver in person to the UWNNM office at 1200 Trinity Dr., Suite 418 by 5 p.m. March 28. UWNNM is located on the 4th floor of the Los Alamos National Bank Building.
A volunteer grant committee will review all funding proposals. Application review and final decision may require 4-6 weeks to complete. To view a list of previous grant recipients, visit www.UnitedWayNNM.org.
If your organization is chosen to receive a United Way grant, your organization will be required to:
• provide financial institution’s routing number for funding
• submit a six-month and year-end program report (format provided by UWNNM office). Continued funding to recipients of multi-year grants will be contingent on receipt of reports and review of outcomes and measurements.
• use the United Way Community Partner logos on all public material – including stationery, press releases, advertisements, newsletters and websites. Note: Upon funding approval, grant recipients may download the Community Partner logo from www.UnitedWayNNM.org, in order to meet this requirement.
Note: Any Restricted Constributions to your organization will be included in the funding decision.