Celebrate the start of the summer season at Pajarito Mountain Saturday June 2.
The New Mexico Brewers Festival is noon to 5 p.m., featuring 15 New Mexico microbrewers and live music 1-5 p.m. with the Blue Hornets.
Lifts will run 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for hiking and biking.
Atomic City Transit is providing free shuttles 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.running every 30 minutes from Sullivan Field at Los Alamos High School.
For more information on Summerfest, go to www.skipajarito.com
Pajarito Punishment Downhill Race is also this weekend on the mountain.
- Saturday, June 2, Practice Day and Summerfest:
- Registration: 9 a.m.-noon.
- Race Course practice for all categories: 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Walk down the course and rake the loose rocks: 2 p.m.-3 p.m.
- Ride the mountain: 9 a.m.-3 p.m. The race course will be open for racers only. The rest of the mountain will be open for racers and non-racers. “Cub Scout” will be closed because it crosses the race course.
- Sunday, June 3, Race Day:
- Practice 9-11 a.m.
- Race: 11 a.m.-noon
- Awards: 30 minutes after race completion (start at 12:30-1:30 p.m)
For information on the Pajarito Punishment, visit http://nmmtb.org/