Organizations and individuals throughout North America are encouraged to participate by making announcements about their positive year-round impact, offering public events or performances and advocating for opera during Opera Advocacy Day, Nov. 1.
Participation in National Opera Week may include:
- Contacting members of Congress to advocate on behalf of opera and the arts;
- Promoting scheduled performances;
- Offering free public events;
- Holding press conferences;
- Issuing season or program announcements;
- Conducting social media campaigns with #OperaWeek; and
- Add your activity to the online event listing today!
Questions? Contact Patricia K. Johnson, director of marketing and communications, at PKJohnson@operaamerica.org.
Be a part of Opera Advocacy Day on Tuesday, November 1, when those who work in or love opera will urge lawmakers and community leaders to support arts education and other policies and legislation that promote opera and the performing arts.