The next meeting of the newly established Manhattan Project National Historical Park Advisory Committee is 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, May 26, at Municipal Building Room 330.
The public is welcome to attend meetings of the committee. The committee has not yet determined a regular meeting time, date and location.
The purpose of the Manhattan Project National Historical Park Committee is to identify and review the various issues that must be addressed in order to prepare Los Alamos County for the opening of the Park. The Committee’s charge is to advise the County Council on the myriad list of challenges and opportunities associated with the development of a national park within the Los Alamos community.
II. Scope of Work
Specific focus areas must include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Siting of a visitor center;
- Transportation considerations;
- Parking development;
- Facility improvements;
- Identification of necessary support services;
- Park interpretation of town site resources;
- Hospitality improvements;
- County participation in the development of the Park;
- Identifying economic development opportunities;
- Scheduling & tracking key decision points; and
- Exploring opportunities for being a gateway for the three parks.
The public may sign up to receive an informational newsletter to track the progress of the committee by visiting the Newsletter Subscribe page on the County’s website.