- 1st place, $1,200―Michelle Yang, violin; teacher Kay Newnam
- 2nd place, $800―Caitlin Dahl, cello; teacher Dana Winograd
- 3rd place tie, $300 each―**Jennifer Necker, oboe; teacher Aaron Lewis,**Catherine Runnels, soprano; teacher Nathan Salazar
Alamos; the remaining funds were provided through private donation.
The Rotary-Deborah Beene Music Awards program was established in the memory of Deborah Beene, daughter of Donald and Sara Beene, a violin and piano student who died in December 1973 while enrolled in school here. The awards are intended to assist students in their musical growth.
- fees for attending a summer music camp;
- college or university music expenses;
- purchase of a better instrument; or
- tuition for private music instruction.