The following loan terms will be made available for any member who is furloughed or misses a paycheck with direct payroll deposit to Zia Credit Union from the federal government or a contractor of the government (e.g., LANL or LANS), and is affected by the government shutdown.
- Unsecured loan up to two (2) times net payroll deposit to Zia Credit Union* – Up to a maximum of $5,000
- 4.99% Annual Percentage Rate
- Repayment term up to 18 months
- First payment not due until 60 days after funding
* Direct deposit must have been previously set-up and coming to Zia Credit Union
In addition, Zia Credit Union is also making the following options available to any member affected by the shutdown:
- Waive Early Withdrawal Penalty on Share Certificates.
- Waive Skip-a-Payment Fee.
- Waive Courtesy Pay Fees (relating to checking account).
- Work-Out Loans: We will, on a case-by-case basis, work with a member to determine the best way to make accommodations on an existing loan payment – This would include extensions or reduced payments over a period of time to allow the member to work through the reduced pay period and the time it might take to get caught back up.
Open since 1955, Zia Credit Union is a full-service, member-owned financial cooperative serving the counties of Los Alamo, Rio Arriba, Taos, and Santa Fe. Those who live, work or worship in the above counties or are related to an existing member are eligible to join. Zia Credit Union is a not-for-profit business, an Equal Opportunity Lender and is insured by the National Credit Union Association.