Ten volunteers worked on the Pajarito Canyon Trail Monday evening and stabilized about a quarter mile of the trail. Photo by Craig Martin
Volunteers are needed for a half-day work session to continue post-Las Conchas fire stabilization of the Pajarito Canyon/Nail Trail loop.
The work needs to be completed before the monsoon season begins or sections of the trail will wash away.
- When: 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturday June 23
- Where: Pajarito Canyon Trailhead
- Plan: Hike in about one mile and work the eroded side slope section before the entire trail washes away
- What to Wear: Sturdy shoes, long pants, safety or sun glasses, long-sleeved shirt, work gloves
- What to Bring: water, food, sunscreen
Note: Tools and hard hats will be provided and no experience is necessary.