Whole Foods Market is voluntarily recalling some 4-ounce Whole Catch Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon, cold-smoked and sliced, after a sample tested positive for listeria.
The lot code for the recalled smoked salmon is 7425A2298B. The UPC code is 0 99482 40880 0.
Whole Foods says the recalled items were sold in stores in New Mexico, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and Utah.
The recalled salmon is sold in black-and-gold, flat, rectangular vacuum-sealed packages. The lot code is ink-jet printed on the back of the package, on the upper left side.
Signage is posted in Whole Foods Market stores to notify customers of this recall.
- UPDATED: second lot code, 7425A2297A
- MANUFACTURER: Unknown
- DISTRIBUTION: Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Rhode Island, and Utah
- QUANTITY: Unknown
- REASON: It may contain Listeria Monocytogenes
- ADDITIONAL INFO: Customers should dispose of the product in the garbage and wash their hands immediately to avoid any potential cross-contamination. Full refunds will be given at the store. Customers with questions may call 512-477-5566, ext. 20060, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central.
- REGULATORY ACTION: Call Whole Foods to verify removal of product from shelves and verify that a sign has been posted for consumers (as stated in the recall notice.)