Los Alamos hometown musician James Carothers is currently among the leaders in the Nash Next Contest, a talent competition sponsored by Cumulus Media designed to discover up-and-coming country music artists.
Ultimately, the winner will be signed to the new Nash Next Record Label (Big Machine Records) and the Top 10 Place-Winners will participate in a nationwide tour in 2016. First-round voting is underway and continues through Aug. 7. As of this morning, Carothers is ranked at 10.
Artist rank is determined by a real-time “Spin Score”, which is a combination of fan voting and fan interaction on the Nash Next profile. Friends and fans wishing to help increase Carother’s “Spin Score” and overall ranking in the competition should take the following steps:
- Visit www.NashNextCountry.com
- Click “Register as a Fan” and register (Name, Email, Password)
- Find ‘James Carothers’ on the Leaderboard and go to his profile page.
- Click the arrow to “Vote” (Fans may vote once every 24 hours) through Aug. 7
- Click the heart on the top picture to officially become James’s “Fan”
- Hover over each song and click “Like” once each
- Listen to songs
- Click “Share” and invite others to participate.
“I appreciates the love and support from my friends in Los Alamos,” Carothers said.