CREATIVE DISTRICT News:
Tuesdays at the Pond this week features the band Space-man at 7 p.m., Aug. 4 at Ashley Pond Park.
The rock band is comprised of local musicians Michaelangelo Lobato, Dave Hemsing and Kile Uhlenbrock.
Tuesdays at the Pond is a summer entertainment series designed to bring a variety of entertainment acts to the Ashley Pond stage in downtown Los Alamos every Tuesday evening. The series runs through Aug. 11.
The Los Alamos Creative District directs a variety of programs that bring people to downtown Los Alamos:
- Fourth Fridays is a monthly event that offers special programming at Mesa Public Library, Bradbury Science Museum, Los Alamos Historical Society and Fuller Lodge Art Center;
- Fourth Fridays happens on the fourth Friday of each month and also promotes special offerings from local businesses;
- On Tap is a series of discussions and libations located downtown every first and third Thursday of the month;
- First Thursdays features rotating themes of history, nature and art hosted by the Los Alamos Historical Society, Pajarito Environmental Education Center, or Fuller Lodge Art Center respectively; and
- Science On Tap by the Bradbury Science Museum is every third Thursday of the month.
The mission of the Creative District is to advance the community’s unique creative identity and generate increased economic prosperity by curating and providing local cultural programming that connects a broad range of stakeholders. Learn more about LACD at www.creativelosalamos.org.
The Los Alamos Creative District is a program of Los Alamos Commerce & Development Corporation; a private, not-for-profit economic and community development organization serving the Los Alamos area since 1983. LACDC serves as the umbrella organization for the Los Alamos Chamber of Commerce, Los Alamos MainStreet, the Los Alamos Meeting & Visitors Bureau, Los Alamos Small Business Center and the Los Alamos Research Park.