Los Alamos Department of Public Utilities News:
Multiple positions are available this summer for engineering student interns who have completed a minimum of 30 credit hours in an accredited engineering program at the university level.
Interns will work as part of a team supporting the engineering department, operations staff and administrative functions as a contributing member of the staff.
The diversity of the DPU’s services offers a unique opportunity for an engineering student to gain hands-on experience in a functioning utility.
Examples of possible duties to be performed:
• Assist project managers on construction projects. Planned projects include gas line construction, water line construction, electric distribution line construction, sewer line construction, water tank painting and water production facility electric upgrades.
• Work and interact directly with electric, gas, water and sewer operators and crews in the operation and maintenance of production facilities, collection systems and distribution systems.
• Data collection using Global Positioning Systems (GPS) and data management using Geographical Information Systems (GIS).
• Indexing and digitizing engineering record drawings.
• Analysis of wastewater treatment plant solids handling infrastructure.
• Work with department engineers on design, analysis and evaluation in the electric, water, gas & wastewater fields.
The job description, salary, application process and deadline will be included in the advertisement at www.losalamosnm.us/UTILITIES, or call 505.662.8333.
The Los Alamos Department of Public Utilities is New Mexico’s only four service, not-for-profit, publicly owned utility.
DPU provides the Los Alamos community with electric, natural gas, water and wastewater services and has done so for more than 40 years.