Los Luceros Historic Site and Pajarito Environmental Center present New Mexico Outdoor Pass program: WATER!
Also, as part of its Dawn ‘til Dusk program, Los Luceros will be open 6 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Sunday, July 3.
Schedule of Events:
- 6 a.m.: Los Luceros opens early for Dawn ’til Dusk Day. Take a nice walk on the property in the early morning. Crafts will be available all day.
- 9-10 a.m.: Ranger-led tour of the Los Luceros historic district, with a special focus on how the site uses water for the gardens, crops, and orchards. Acequia activities and an information table will be set up as well.
- 10-11 a.m.: Vinyasa Flow Yoga class with Christa Tyson. Check-in at the visitor center, then meet in the community room.
- 11 a.m. to noon: Guided walk along the Los Luceros acequias, some of the oldest in New Mexico (over 300 years old!).
- 2-3 p.m.: Another chance to join a guided walk along the Los Luceros acequias.
- 8:30 p.m.: Los Luceros closes.
WHERE: Los Luceros Historic Site, 253 County Road 41 in Alcalde.
WHY: Created by Pajarito Environmental Education Center and Los Luceros Historic Site, the New Mexico Outdoor Pass is a FREE booklet and community events for families where everyone gets rewarded for spending time outside. Participate in this activity and get a stamp for your New Mexico Outdoor Pass booklet. Fill your book with stamps and you’ll be rewarded with prizes! Don’t have a booklet? You can pick one up at the Los Alamos Nature Center or Los Luceros. Admission is free to New Mexico residents.
NMDCA would like to pay a special thanks to its sponsors for making this program possible: Clif Family Foundation, N3B, Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico and the Outdoor Equity Fund.