The Los Alamos Retired and Senior Organization (LARSO) announced today that the local senior centers are inviting members to return to in-person dining.
Daily lunch is served 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., and the suggested donation is $5 per person.
According to senior center staff, recent turn out at the lunches has been at an all-time low, even with socially distanced tables, small numbers seated at each table, ventilated rooms and plexiglass dividers on some tables.
Anyone concerned about in-person dining and would prefer to see a return to the drive thru, also called Grab and Go service, is asked to please call either center after business hours and leave a message, or email Director@losalamosseniorcenter.com, to share concerns. Any information collected, will be confidential.
The menu for the remainder of this week includes:
- Tuesday – Tilapia, hush puppies, roll, green beans, tartar sauce;
- Wednesday – Green chile chicken enchiladas, Mexican rice, calabacitas;
- Thursday – Chicken fried steak, au gratin potatoes, pepper gravy, broccoli; and
- Friday – Turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce.
(A dessert and drinks also are included with each meal.)
Senior Center Telephone Numbers:
- The Betty Ehart Senior Center 662-8920; and
- White Rock Senior Center 672-2034.