New Mexico Secretary of State Maggie Toulouse Oliver
SANTA FE – New Mexico Secretary of State Maggie Toulouse Oliver has announced that sample ballots for the upcoming 2018 general election are now available online at .
Secretary Toulouse Oliver encourages eligible voters to download and study their ballot before completing their official absentee ballot or before making their way to the polls during early voting or on Election Day.
“Sample ballots are a great tool to help New Mexicans research the candidates and issues before they vote and are a helpful guide to save voters time in the voting booth,” Secretary Toulouse Oliver said. “Our NMvote.org website makes it simple and convenient to know exactly who and what New Mexicans will be voting on this year. I encourage every eligible New Mexico voter to log on and download their sample ballot today.”
Directions for obtaining a sample ballot:
- Click on the turquoise “Find my Registration and Election Information” button on the homepage.
- On the next page, users must enter their first name, last name, date of birth, and county in which they are registered. Check the “I’m not a robot” box and then press the green “Search” button.
- After entering that information users will find a “My Sample Ballot” link on the left side of the page.
- Click “My Sample Ballot” to bring up a “View Sample Ballot” link in the middle of the page.
- Click on the “View Sample Ballot” link to download the sample ballot.
The sample ballots available for download through NMvote.org are specific to the individual voter and mirror the official ballot that voter will be given at their polling place or sent as an absentee ballot. The ballot this year includes all federal, statewide and local races and questions, judicial retentions and the constitutional amendment and bond questions.
Voters are encouraged to study their sample ballot, fill in their desired choices, and take their sample with them to the polls, or use it as they complete their official absentee ballot.
To find your sample ballot, go to .