The first virtual Los Alamos ScienceFest Discovery Day is 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, July 11.
Attendees can login to the event app to view exhibitor profiles, engage in online content and videos, sign up for a chance to win raffle prizes and giveaways, and even tune in for live virtual discussions and demos.
The day will kick off at 10 a.m. with a live demo and Q&A from Miss America 2020, Miss Camille Schrier, a STEM advocate. Details for this event and others can be found on the app (desktop or mobile) as well as through the ScienceFest website in the Event Schedule section by clicking on “View Schedule and Attend Virtually.” Links to live discussions also will be posted directly in Exhibitor Virtual Booths. Registration is requested in advance for some activities.
Exhibitors expected to go live are noted as follows:
10:00 a.m. LIVE with Miss America 2020, Miss Camille Schrier – A Virtual “Blood Bubbles” Demonstration and Classroom Chat
Miss Camille Schrier, a STEM advocate who holds biochemistry and systems biology degrees, will engage with students about pH, the blood, and why we breathe in this fun demonstration. Have a chance to ask questions!
- 10-10:45 a.m. LIVE with TechSource
- 10-12 p.m. Live with RoboRAVE International
- 10-3 p.m. Live with UbiQD
- 11 a.m. Live with The Education Plan
- 11-1 p.m. Live with the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)
- 11-2 p.m. Live with New Mexico State University Plant and Environmental Sciences
- 11-3 Live with the American Chemical Society
- 11:30 a.m. Live with the Superintendent of Los Alamos Public Schools
- 11:30 a.m. Live with UNM-LA Computer Science Faculty
- 12:30-12:45 p.m. Live with Be Greater Than Average
- 12:30-1:30 p.m. Live with the Bradbury Science Museum
- 1:00-1:40 p.m. Live with Science Girl’s Lab
- 1:00 Live with a Docent from the National Museum of Nuclear Science & History
- 1:30-2:00 p.m. Live with Los Alamos Public Schools – “Where in the World is Topper?”
- 2:00 p.m. Live with PBS Science Café – Animal Espionage on the Pajarito Plateau
- 2:30 p.m. Live with STEM Santa Fe
This list is not inclusive of all exhibitors, so attendees are encouraged to use the app to visit the virtual exhibitor booths. The free app may be downloaded from Whova, or attendees may use the desktop app, which is a 2-step verification process. Users must first register via Eventbrite and then click “Attend Virtually” on the ScienceFest homepage and create an event account using the same registration email. There may be a slight delay in verification between platforms.
For questions or concerns, contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. More information may be found on www.LosAlamosScienceFest.com, and participants are encouraged to share photos using the hashtag, #LosAlamosScienceFest2020 for a chance to win cool prizes from the Los Alamos History Museum, American Chemical Society and more!
Los Alamos ScienceFest 2020 is made possible thanks to generous sponsors:
Los Alamos County, Enterprise Bank & Trust, Del Norte Credit Union, TechSource, UNM-LA, and UbiQD, as well as dozens of local partners and organizations.