Valerie Plame has launched her Democrat for Congress website dispeling any doubt that she is running for the seat held by Rep. Ben Ray Luján who is running for the seat held by retiring Sen. Tom Udall.
Plame lives in Santa Fe and is a writer, spy novelist and former operations officer who worked at the United States Central Intelligence Agency.
In Plame’s own word:
I hope to represent Northern New Mexico as your Democratic Congressional Representative. Over 10 years ago, I chose to make New Mexico my home and it has become my heart. I have lived all over the world and have never felt more connected to a place and its special people than in The Land of Enchantment.
Our state is magical in many ways and I want to continue to protect its unique cultures and communities. From personal experience, I know what it is like to fight hard for what you believe in and I will take those lessons and fight for your needs. I want a brighter future for New Mexicans. Some of the issues I am determined to advance include:
- Lowering healthcare and prescription drug costs;
- Protecting our clean air and water;
- Ensuring voting and equal rights for all;
- Combating gun violence and crime;
- Building a brighter future for all our children and grandchildren through better public education;
- Strengthening our economy; and
- Reducing poverty and homelessness.
I plan to listen closely to your concerns and ideas of how we move toward a better tomorrow for New Mexicans.