The 15th annual Fall Food Drive is scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 17 throughout Los Alamos and White Rock.
The drive supports those in need in Los Alamos and Rio Arriba Counties through regular food distributions by LA CARES and the San Martin de Porres Soup Kitchen in Espanola.
Residents are asked to place non-perishable donations of food and supplies near their mailboxes by 10 a.m. Saturday Nov. 17 (NO GLASS CONTAINERS PLEASE!)
Cub Scouts also will be collecting donations at both Smith’s Supermarket locations in Los Alamos and White Rock Saturday Nov. 17 ONLY.
This community food drive is jointly conducted by the Los Alamos Letter Carriers Union (NALC-4112), the Northern New Mexico District of the Boy Scouts of America, LA CARES and the LA Community Food Banks with the support of the National Letter Carriers Union, the Bethlehem Lutheran Church, Smith’s Food & Drug Stores, the Los Alamos Postmaster and many individual volunteers.
Help those in need by donating the following preferred non-perishable food and supplies:
- 100 percent juices in ½ gal plastic,
- Canned fruits and vegetables,
- Boxed dehydrated potatoes,
- Low-sugar cereals,
- Spaghetti sauce,
- Spaghetti noodles and other pasta,
- Macaroni and cheese,
- Tuna and Chicken Helpers,
- Hearty style soups,
- Canned meals like Chef Boy R Dee,
- Tomato products,
- Cooking oil,
- Peanut butter,
- Powdered milk,
- Salad dressings,
- Paper towels,
- Toilet paper,
- Laundry detergent,
- Crackers and cookies,
- Canned beans and dried pinto beans,
- Caffeinated coffee (ground & instant) and teas,
- Low-fat/salt canned meats (tuna, chicken, salmon),
- Healthy school lunch items (small 100 percent juices, granola bars, snack crackers, fruit cups, nuts),
- Baby wipes, and Personal care products (especially bath soap, and also shampoo, deodorant, razors, shaving cream, tooth brushes & toothpaste.)