Do you know someone you think should be a Living Treasure of Los Alamos? Nominations will be accepted through Dec. 7, and a nine-member board will chose three new Treasures, who will be honored at a ceremony in April 2019.
Nominees must be current residents of Los Alamos County. Selection of the new Treasures will be based on letters of nomination from the public; letters should include the following information:
- When did the nominee come to Los Alamos?
- In which areas did the nominee make volunteer contributions to life in Los Alamos?
- How many years has the nominee been involved in community activities?
- How did the contributions affect people in the community?
- In what ways is Los Alamos a better place as a result of the efforts of this person?
- Contact information (name, phone number, or email) of the submitter.
Additional information about the nominee is welcome; in fact, supplemental letters supporting the nomination packet are extremely helpful to the selection process. If you know of someone who has been nominated, but not selected yet, you do not need to resubmit the nomination; however, it might be helpful to send updated, supplemental documentation to support the nomination. If you want to know if a nomination packet has been submitted for someone, please contact any member of the board (see website below).
Biographies of past Treasures since 1999 can be viewed at the website listed below. Nominations must be submitted by Dec. 7 to Living Treasures of Los Alamos, PO Box 1065, Los Alamos, NM 87544 or by emailing the information to email@example.com.
Living Treasures was founded in 1999 by a group of residents who wanted to honor the older people of the community who had done so much to maintain and improve the excellent quality of life in Los Alamos. Since 1999, 81 seniors have been recognized. The complete list of Treasures can be found on the website at http://www.livingtreasureslosalamos.org.