ALBUQUERQUE — New Mexico Bank & Trust, a subsidiary of Heartland Financial USA, Inc., (NASDAQ: HTLF) has announced the extension of relief and support programs for employees and consumers facing challenges due to the economic impacts of COVID-19.
“We stand with our employees and customers during this challenging time and are pleased to continue providing them with relief,” NMB&T President/CEO Greg Leyendecker said. “We understand that our customers may need access to funds to take care of unexpected expenses caused by the current situation. And they don’t need to be concerned about late fees on loans or monthly account maintenance fees.”
Extended Consumer Relief
The following consumer relief actions have been extended through May 31, 2020:
- Monthly maintenance fees associated with consumer checking and savings accounts will be waived
- Late fees on consumer loans will be waived.
- CD early redemption fees will not be assessed. Customers must contact us to redeem to any CDs.
- Foreign ATM fees will be waived. Customers using other banks’ ATMs will not be assessed fees. Other banks and ATM operators may charge a fee. Balance inquiry, withdrawal and international fees may apply.
Keeping Employees Safe
Our employees continue to take care of customers who are navigating the financial impacts of COVID-19. And we’re taking care of them with programs such as pandemic time off, premium pay for customer-facing retail employees, and covering all COVID-19 testing and treatment costs for Wellmark health plan participants.
We have extended our pandemic time off program through May 31, 2020, which pays all employees at 100 percent. Employees who need time off because of illness, to care for a sick family member or to provide child care due to school or day care closings will be paid at their full rate.
Continuing to deliver excellent service to our customers and communities also means taking steps to protect the health and safety of our employees. We:
- restricted business travel and canceled all employee and customer in-person events
- enabled many of our employees to work from home
- closed bank lobbies, implemented drive thru only, and deep cleaned our locations
- engage with our employees, providing information and resources through enriched communications and wellness programs
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loans
New Mexico Bank & Trust has processed over 655 applications and funded over $102 million in loans so far to businesses in our communities. These loans provide a lifeline to our commercial customers. New Mexico Bank & Trust’s employees are proud to have served our small businesses and helped preserve over 13,300 jobs. We are actively participating in the second wave of the program and continue to process applications.
Serving Our Communities
New Mexico Bank & Trust announced contributions totaling $100,000 to support nonprofit organizations in our communities that are leading the response to challenges created by COVID-19.
“This is an unprecedented time for families and businesses across New Mexico, and it has changed what it means to be a community,” Leyendecker said. “We recognize the urgent need to come together and help one another during this crisis. On behalf of our amazing team at New Mexico Bank & Trust, I’m honored to support these important community programs and relief efforts.”
New Mexico Bank & Trust was proud to make contributions to the following organizations:
- YMCA of Central New Mexico
- Albuquerque Community Foundation / United Way of Central New Mexico – Emergency Action Fund
- United Way of Santa Fe County – COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund
- Santa Fe Community Foundation – COVID-19 Response Fund
- United Way of Eastern New Mexico – COVID-19 Recovery Fund
Continued Customer Relief
In addition to the consumer relief actions we’ve extended through May, the following customer relief programs remain in place through July 1, 2020:
- No payment will be required on consumer credit cards
- Consumers may elect to defer all payments on consumer installment loans without penalty
- Small business customers may choose to modify their loans and make interest-only payments
Our banks’ full line of products and services are available. To protect our employees and customers, we are providing convenient drive-thru service at our branches, with in-person meetings available by appointment.
Customers are encouraged to use online and mobile banking services, which provide self-service banking 24/7/365. Our bank’s website is regularly updated with any changes to lobby and drive-thru availability and branch hours.
About New Mexico Bank & Trust
New Mexico Bank & Trust, a subsidiary of Heartland Financial USA, Inc., (NASDAQ: HTLF), is a state-chartered bank with more than $1.7 billion in assets and headquartered in Albuquerque, NM. New Mexico Bank & Trust operates 17 banking locations serving Central, Eastern and Northern New Mexico. The bank specializes in business lending and deposit services, and provides private client, investment, treasury management, card services, and complete electronic banking programs to individuals and businesses. The company was founded in 1998. Additional information about New Mexico Bank & Trust is available at www.nmb-t.com. New Mexico Bank & Trust is a member of the FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.
About Heartland Financial USA, Inc.
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a diversified financial services company with assets of $13.2 billion. The company provides banking, mortgage, private client, investment and insurance services to individuals and businesses. Heartland currently has 114 banking locations serving 83 communities in Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, New Mexico, Arizona, Montana, Colorado, Minnesota, Kansas, Missouri, Texas and California. Additional information about Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is available at www.htlf.com.