- Waite Company, UNM, REDW Among 2019 Contracts
ALBUQUERQUE – The New Mexico Health Insurance Exchange approved a number of contracts important to its operations and key to beWellnm’s future transition to a state-based exchange during a special board meeting earlier today.
A 2019 data-sharing partnership with the Office of the Superintendent (OSI), the University of New Mexico and two exchange carriers was approved Friday. The agreement was among the contract decisions passed at the Oct. 26, 2018, board meeting at the Marriott Pyramid North.
The data from the carriers will be used to for better decision- making on customer turn-over, utilization, enrollment matters, and other issues, according to beWellnm Chief Executive Officer Cheryl Gardner.
The beWellnm board passed a budget in September 2018 that included funding for this initiative.
The directors extended the contract of The Waite Company and its partners The Garrity Group and K2MD for $3.4 million in Outreach & Education Services. This decision marks the second year, for the contract, which was awarded through the request for proposal process in 2017.
The Waite Company, an Albuquerque-based company, will continue to coordinate statewide outreach and manage advertising, website and public relations services internally and with approved contractors.
“The Waite Company, The Garrity Group and K2MD consistently provide outstanding services that further our mission of helping qualified New Mexicans to access quality health insurance,” Cheryl said.
The Board approved a contract with Consumers’ Checkbook for data research services for 2019, specifically the individual health plan comparison tool at and awarded the Audit Services Request for Proposal to REDW, which scored the highest of the five bidders in the competitive process.
- Existing contracts for services vital for the organization to reach New Mexico residents were extended:
- Office Information Technology Services – Office Network & IT Services for $40,000 (extension to Dec. 31, 2019)
- Outreach & Education Services – The Waite Company for $3.4 million
- Data Partnership – University of New Mexico for $120,000
- Plan Rating Tool – Consumers’ Checkbook for $65,000
- Audit Services RFP – REDW for $74,000 per year
- General Counsel Services – Long, Komer, & Associates for $40,000 for 2018 and $120,000 for 2019 (extension through Dec. 31, 2019)
- Additional Legal Services – Long, Komer, & Associates
- Investment Management Services – Bank of Albuquerque for $75,000 (extension through Dec. 31, 2019)
- Human Resource Services – REDW HR for $120,000 (extension to Dec. 31, 2019)
About beWellnm, New Mexico’s Health Insurance Exchange
BeWellnm was created to help individuals and small businesses get access to affordable health insurance plans. BeWellnm helps consumers compare health insurance plans and choose the plan that works best for their health needs and budget. BeWellnm also helps individuals determine whether they are eligible for premium assistance and if so, at what level. Through beWellnm for Small Business, small businesses are able to purchase competitively priced health insurance plans and offer their employees the ability to choose from an array of plans. Certified agents and brokers, as well as Enrollment Counselors, are available throughout the state to help with signing up for health insurance.
To find more information on beWellnm, New Mexico’s Health Insurance Exchange, visit www.beWellnm.com or call 1-833-ToBeWell.