Runners in Tuesday’s weekly Pace Race on the Burnt Mesa Trail in Bandelier National Monument off N.M. 4. Courtesy photo
Runners head up the Burnt Mesa Trail in Tuesday’s weekly Pace Race. Courtesy photo
Local runner William Strother, 7, is Tuesday’s top finisher in the 1 mile pace race with a time of 10:18 on the Burnt Mesa Trail. Courtesy photo
Jackie Marr was the top predictor at 3 seconds off her predicted time in Tuesday’s weekly Atomic City Road Runners Pace Race on the Burnt Mesa Trail in Bandelier National Monument off N.M. 4.
Other accurate predictors:
- Ted Romero with a 4 second differential;
- Katie Gattiker at 7 seconds off;
- Jan Velechovsky recording an 8 second difference; and
- Roxana Candia at 16 seconds off as well as the fastest female on the 3 mile course with a time of 23:16.
On the 3 mile course:
- Best finisher was Ryan Smeltzer with a time of 22:21.
On the 1 mile course:
- Best finisher was William Strother, 7, with a time of 10:18; and
- Best female finisher was his 8-year-old sister Savanna Strother with a time of 11:03.
Next week’s race begins at 6 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 23 near the junction of Canyon Road and 15th Street. As always, 1 mile road and trail and 3 mile trail courses will be available.
For more information, call 505.672.1639 or visit the Club’s website at www.atomicrunners.com.