COUNTY CLERK’s OFFICE News:
The Los Alamos County Clerk’s Office reports as of Friday, Jan. 18, that 4,000 ballots have been received for the Special School Bond Election.
On Jan. 8, the Clerk’s Office mailed out 13,826 ballots.
The Clerk’s Office would like to remind registrants of several do’s and don’ts:
- Do sign the outer envelope. If there is no signature on the outer envelope, the ballot cannot be counted.
- Don’t have someone sign your ballot on your behalf. If you cannot sign the outer envelope, an ‘X’ is acceptable as your signature. Although it is not required, someone may witness you signature. Bottom line and most important is that if the ballot is not signed, it cannot be counted.
- Do put adequate postage. A first-class stamp is required to mail the ballot back to the County Clerk’s Office; however, registrants may drop-off their completed ballot at the Clerk’s Office, 2451 Central Ave., Ste. D. All ballots must be received in the County Clerk’s Office by 7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 29.
- Do come by the County Clerk’s Office if you have not received your ballot.
- Do not request information on the amount your property taxes will go up or down if the bond passes or fails. The County Assessor’s Office, 662-8030, maintains the tax rolls and can provide additional information. The County Clerk’s Office cannot answer questions on property taxes.
- Do watch for mailings from the County Clerk’s Office. The County Clerk’s Office mails voter registration forms to those registrants who need to update their address.
Registrants also are reminded that early voting for the Los Alamos Public Schools Board of Education Election and the University of New Mexico-Los Alamos Branch Advisory Board Election is taking place at the Clerk’s Office through 5 p.m., Feb. 1, and voting centers will be open on election day, Feb. 5.
The County Clerk’s Office, 2451 Central Ave., Ste. D, is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays and is available to provide additional information as needed. Additional information also is available at www.losalamosnm.us/clerks.