The November League of Women Voters Lunch with a Leader features Los Alamos Historical Society Executive Director Liz Martineau and Los Alamos Historic Preservation Advisory Board Chairwoman Leslie Linke.
The meeting is 11:45 a.m., Nov. 19 at Mesa Public Library and is open to the public.
Liz Martineau was born into a military family and believes that her early travels led to a life-long love of people, cultures, and lifelong learning. She has family in Kentucky, Indiana, and Kansas. She graduated from Kansas State University and has a Master’s degree in Instructional Leadership.
Martineau spent 15 years teaching school and then worked for Los Alamos National Laboratory as an Education Specialist for 12 years. Her passion for community led her to her current position as the Executive Director of Los Alamos Historical Society. On the weekends you might find her quilting, hiking, and camping.
Leslie Linke is very active at the Los Alamos History Museum (docent and tour guide). Born and raised in Los Alamos, she spent 38 years at Los Alamos National Laboratory, until she retired four years ago. She always thought she had a pretty good grasp of the history of Los Alamos. However, since becoming involved in the Board and the Museum, she has learned so much more about the unique and extraordinary history of Los Alamos and the Pajarito Plateau. Our history is not just for our visitors; she encourages all residents of Los Alamos to visit the History Museum and take a tour of the Historic District.
Linke plans to talk about the charter of the Historic Preservation Advisory Board and their recent projects as well as how their activities differ from the Historical Society. Liz will be covering activities the Historical Society provides and how the two organizations do some work together.
RSVP by Nov. 15 to order a $10 lunch from the Co+op. Lunch is optional. If the RSVP isn’t acknowledged within 24 hours, email again or text/call 505.231.8286.
Just write out what selection such as: salad and 1/2 tuna with avocado on sourdough.
Dinner Sized Salad (comes with chocolate chip cookie):
Greek Salad (spinach , artichokes, tomatoes, cucumbers, Kalamata olives , feta)
- Cranberry Chicken Salad—- with balsamic or ranch dressing?(choose)
- Spinach salad with feta, walnuts, and fresh fruit with balsamic dressing
- Chicken Burrito (all organic chicken, bell pepper, onion, garlic, corn, black beans, rice, chipotle peppers, salt/pepper, cheese, tortilla)+ cookie
- Green Chile Chicken Enchilada—- Chicken, mushrooms, green chile, corn tortillas, cheddar cheese, smoked paprika, sour cream ad organic cilantro+ cookie
- Sandwich (comes with bag of chips & chocolate chip cookie)
Choose a portion size:
- 1/2 sandwich with small mixed green salad or 1/2 sandwich with soup or Whole sandwich
Choose 1 bread:
- Whole wheat
- Gluten free
Choose 1 protein:
- Roast beef
Choose 1 extra:
- Swiss cheese