TRIATOMICS CLUB News:
The Los Alamos Triatomics Club announces the 2015 Christmas Lights Runs. Come find out how fun it is to run at night with a group of your peers.
We will run through various Los Alamos neighborhoods to check out their outdoor lights. The routes are mostly on quiet residential streets to avoid the noise and smell of traffic. Non club members are welcome to run with us.
Runs are scheduled for every Monday and Wednesday night between Thanksgiving and Christmas or until there are ice patches on the streets. Monday nights will be a bit shorter and flatter~3 miles. Wednesday nights a bit longer with more hills. Once the sidewalks/streets are icy, the Christmas Light Runs are likely finished for the year so plan to run early or you might miss out.
- Start time will be 6:15 sharp. Be warmed up and ready to go.
- Wear something light and/or reflective.
- Wear a headlamp or carry a flashlight, the streets are dark in places and lots of lights make it easier for the cars to spot us. Taillights are good, too.
- Leashed dogs are fine.
- These are fun runs, not competitive or speed/endurance building.
- If it’s snowing we will run. Running at night during an active snow storm is a hoot! Icy streets will shut us down.
Triatomics 2015 Christmas Lights Runs Schedule