After the first week of competiton, eight athletes qualified in the 5K and/or 10K Road Race.
Two qualified in Basketball Freethrow and 3-Point shot (Abel Castillo, Laura McClellan). Three in Frisbee Accuracy throw (Abel Castillo, Laura McClellan, Ann ReVelle), two in Swimming (Duane Marr, Ted Williams), two in Table Tennis (Abel Castillo, Ann ReVelle) and three in Pickleball (Ernest Bryant,Dave Delanoy,Ann ReVelle). Twenty-nine athletes have registered.
This week there will be competition in Shuffleboard, Disc Golf, Bowling and 8-ball Pool.
Anyone 50 or older is invited to “come play with us!” Late registration for remaining events is open until 24 hours before the event. Register at the YMCA on Iris Street. Cost is $25. Direct questions to Assistant Coordinator Ann ReVelle at 505.662.3526 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Competition by 5-year age groups
5 K Women:
- Inez Ross (85-89)= 54:59
- Jackie Marr (70-74)= 51:44
- Laura McClellan (50-54)= 25:28 (first place)
- Darla Thompson (50-54)= 29:55 (second place)
5 K Men:
- Duane Marr (80-84)= 56:24
- Richard Thompson (75-79)= 32:47
- Ted Williams (65-69)= 47:39
- Ted Romero (55-59)= 21:22
10 K Women:
- Laura McClellan (50-54)= 50:47 (first place)
- Darla Thompson (50-54)= 59:55 (second place)
10 K Women:
- Richard Thompson (75-79)= 1:05:55
- Ted Williams (65-69)= 1:38:28
- Ted Romero (55-59)= 42:10