- Bill Gates syeps down as chairman of Microsoft;
- Peanuts creator Charles Schultz dies;
- First artificial heart is implanted;
- The 100th Space Shuttle mission is completed;
- Musical Cats closes on Broadway; and
- Los Alamos survives the Cerro Grande Fire.
Celebrating 15 years, Annette Gonzales, Patient Access with CEO Feliciano Jiron, right, and CFO Steve Winegeart. Photo by Carol A. Clark/ladailypost.com
Lori Erickson, Rehab Services with supervisor CNO Chris Kalinowski, left, Interim CNO Teresa Reynolds and CEO Feliciano Jiron. Photo by Carol A. Clark/ladailypost.com
Celebrating 15 years, Colleen Sandy, Lab with CEO Feliciano Jiron. Photo by Carol A. Clark/ladailypost.com
Note: Cleo Vigil, Imaging is celebrating 15 years but was unable to attend Monday’s special.
- Hurricane Katrina hits New Orleans and South Louisiana;
- Former FBI Agent Mark Felt is identified as Deep Throat from Watergate Days;
- YouTube is launched;
- First partial human face transplant is completed in France; and
- Patriots win the Superbowl and the White Sox win the World Series.
- Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell was signed into law;
- Engagement of Prince William and Kate Middleton was announced;
- As the World Turns soap opera ends after 54 years;
- Operation Iraqi Freedom ends; and
- Instagram is launched.