- Minors must have parental consent
Nambe Drugs and Los Alamos County remind the community that a mass COVID-19 vaccine clinic is set for 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, April 25 at the Los Alamos High School Gym at 1300 Diamond Dr.
Individuals 16 years or older are eligible to schedule an appointment, while there are still openings, using the special event code: AFGKMXW once logged into their profile on the New Mexico Department of Health (NMDOH) COVID Vaccine Registration site
Approximately 1,200 Pfizer vaccines have been secured for this event. Minors do need parental consent to receive the vaccine. While parents are not required to be present at the scheduled appointment, they do need to complete and sign both the Nambe Drugs’ Consent Form and the NMDOH Parental/Guardian Consent form available on the county website: https://lacnm.com/VaccineDocs.
Prior to arriving at the clinic, individuals with scheduled appointments are advised to visit https://lacnm.com/VaccineDocs to obtain materials and instructions needed for the event.
Materials And Instructions Needed For Clinic Include:
- Pfizer COVID-19 fact sheet;
- Nambe Drugs’ COVID Vaccine Consent Form, to be completed, signed (if individual receiving the vaccine is a minor, form must be signed by a parent or legal guardian) and brought to the appointment;
- NMDOH Parental/Guardian COVID Vaccine Consent Form, to be completed, signed by a parent or legal guardian and brought to the appointment only if the individual receiving the vaccine is a minor;
- Information on how to register with the CDC V-Safe program: https://vsafe.cdc.gov;
- Reminder to bring insurance and Medicare cards, if applicable; and
- Reminder to take the online NMDOH Medical Questionnaire the morning of the appointment.
Los Alamos County Emergency Manager Beverley Simpson asks appointment holders to arrive within 10 to 15 minutes of their appointment time and to wear a mask. For those who have booked an appointment, but need to cancel, Simpson requests that they do so as soon as possible to open up space for others. However, if the conflict is only with the hour, she recommends the individual contact her directly at 505.709.8632, so she can adjust the time accordingly and the individual does not lose their space.
For more information on County related issues regarding COVID-19, visit the County website at https://lacnm.com/COVID.