Specifically for women entrepreneurs … New Mexico Angels Women’s Entrepreneurial Education Workshop Series
“Time to Grow! How to Prep for Angel Funding” presented by NMA and WESST – Santa Fe
You’ve established your company and validated your ideas, now it’s time to grow! You need funding, a management team and the right business model to meet your goals. During this workshop you’ll learn from our industry experts about how to ensure your company stands out in the marketplace and how to define your strategic advantages. With that comes having the right business model. It determines how your company functions and generates revenue. Finally, you’ll learn how to build a finance team and what fiscal functions companies of all stages of development should be doing.
- When: 8:30–11 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 17
- Where: Santa Fe Business Incubator
- Cost: $25/person
More information and registration at: http://www.nmangels.com/new-mexico-angels-womens-entrepreneurial-education-workshop/
EVERYBODY: To Network with the crowd in Santa Fe at the Brewery (Thursday evening)
- WHAT: Join entrepreneurs, investors and technologists interested in launching new ventures at the Santa Fe Distillery for snacks, tasting and updates on the area startup scene. Santa Fe Spirits 7505 Mallard Way, Unit I in Santa Fe
- WHEN: 5:30-7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 17;
- WHERE: Santa Fe Distillery in Santa Fe
SIGNUP: $5; Sign up at http://spiritsof2013.eventbrite.com
EVERYBODY: Coronado Venture Forum in Bernalillo on Thursday, listening to 3 of NM’s ‘advanced materials’ companies & their story
- CVF: ADVANCED MATERIALS
- WHAT: This Coronado Ventures Forum session brings leaders from three of New Mexico’s most exciting ‘Advanced Materials’ companies – Cabot, Lotus Leaf Coatings & Trilumina – together to look at the future of high growth companies in this space.
- WHEN: 6-8 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 17
- WHERE: Prairie Star, Santa Ana Pueblo
SIGNUP: $22.50 in advance; $25 at the door; Sign up and information at http://cvf-jan2013.eventbrite.com/
Event in Albuquerque
Technology Ventures Corporation, TVC®, presents “Writing Your Own Patent Application Workshop”
- When: 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 23
- Where: Technology Ventures Corporation Office, The McCorkle Room, 1155 University Blvd. SE, Albuquerque
- Parking in the TVC lot west of the UNM Student Support and Services Building, a parking permit is necessary and will be emailed to you when your registration is confirmed.
- Cost: This Seminar is free
The Instructor will be Bruce M. Winchell, a Registered Patent Attorney in the U.S., Registered Patent Agent in Canada, and Certified Licensing Professional with more than 30 years of experience in major research labs in several different industries.
The seminar will include:
- A review of the NEW PATENT ACT and most recent case law related to writing patent applications.
- A review of the latest Patent Office Rules and mechanics of actually writing the application to maximize the probability of being issued as patents.
- Claim drafting to maximize the scope while providing THE best ability to survive legal contests in the courts.
For those who are actively working on (or only thinking about) patenting an invention, this workshop will be invaluable. This seminar is free ans space is limited so register soon.
Annual Dinner in Albuquerque
New Mexico Angels Annual Dinner
- When: 5:30–8:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 31
- Where: Hotel Albuquerque
- Cost: Free for members and sponsors, $100/person for guests
More information and registration at: http://www.nmangels.com/annual-dinner/