The upcoming Los Alamos County Summer Concert Series will mark 25 years of rockin Los Alamos. The 2014 Series will start May 16 at Overlook Park with Zoe Muth and the Lost High Rollers.
On May 23, we’ll have our first concert on the new stage at the beautifully remodeled Ashley Pond. A number of dates have been finalized but I’m still working on this year’s schedule.
Confirmed acts as of Friday night:
- Bebop sax great Greg Abate;
- Russian-American rockers, The Red Elvises;
- Americana-rocker and “American Idol” contestant David Luning. David was crowned the best act that you thought would never be on “American Idol” but somehow was;
- Albuquerque blues-rock champion Ryan McGarvey;
- Lost Gonzo Texas superstar (in my mind), Ray Wylie Hubbard;
- Gonzo Texas superstar band (in my mind), Shinyribs; and
- Incredible blues singer/guitarist Janiva Magness;
- Newly transplanted Nashville hard rocking band originally from Los Angeles, the Heavy Heavy Hearts.
You can hear and see all these acts on www.youtube.com. I still plan on signing more great touring bands and local acts in the next few weeks. I’ll let you know soon. I’m very excited about the 2014 Series.
The other major job that I have at this time of year is obtaining money to pay for the Series. Los Alamos County will again be our major sponsor but this Series is very expensive. I could use your offices, businesses and you and your friends’ and families’ help. If you’d like more information on becoming a sponsor, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 505.690.2484. If you can send a contribution, please mail a check to Gordons’ Concerts, 109 Central Park Square, Los Alamos, NM 87544 or drop by my office at the Chamber of Commerce next to UPEX and Lou Santoro’s State Farm Insurance. The Concerts will be every Friday night May 16 through Aug. 29, plus a few extra shows and they’ll be free to the audience but, once again, we could use your financial assistance.
We’ll be having a fundraiser concert and auction at the Posse Lodge April 4 featuring DK and the Affordables. It should be a whole lotta fun. Would you like to donate to the auction? Please let me know. More info on DK & the Affordable’s fundraiser will be sent out very soon.
Viva the Summer Concert Series. You can follow us at www.gordonssummerconcerts.com.