Los Alamos Community Foundation News:
The Los Alamos Community Foundation Annual Conference for Nonprofits: Sharing our Vision: Getting the Community Involved is April 20 in Building 2, Room 230 at UNM-Los Alamos. The cost is free.
The full day of programming features topics pertinent to the work of the local nonprofit community:
- 8:30-9 a.m. Breakfast and Sign in
- 9-11:15 a.m. Why Branding Matters to Nonprofits/Ways to Enhance Your Brand: Jim Glover and Marianne Tenenbaum of The Idea Group of Santa Fe
- 11:15-noon Networking lunch
- Noon-1 p.m. The Changing Face of Grantmaking in New Mexico — Cathy Frey of the New Mexico Association of Grantmakers
- 1:15-2:15 p.m. Breakout sessions including: Internal Controls — Chris Daniels, Finance Director, The Family YMCA
- 2:15-3:15 p.m. Updates from Los Alamos Community Foundation Executive Director and United Way of Northern New Mexico Board Member
This Annual Conference for Nonprofits is co-sponsored by Los Alamos Community Foundation and the United Way of Northern New Mexico, made possible with generous support from UNM-Los Alamos and the LANL Foundation.
Hear Los Alamos Community Foundation Board President David Izraelevitz and Executive Director Rachel Kizielewicz discuss the latest with LACF here.
Inaugural Donor Designated Fund created at LACF to benefit UNM-LA
Donors Pat Soran and Ann Hayes created LACF’s first donor designated fund, called the Community Endowment for UNM-LA. This endowed fund will provide an income stream to benefit education at UNM-LA in perpetuity. $5,000 in matching funds is available to match contributes that others make to this fund over the next two years … click here for details: https://www.ladailypost.com/content/local-couple-establishes-community-endowment-fund-unm-los-alamos
Attention tech-focused Nonprofits … Applications are due April 1 for the below accelerator program: