Los Alamos Choral Society in rehearsal at United Church. Photo by TK Thompson/ladailypost.com
To conclude its 70th anniversary season, the Los Alamos Choral Society is presenting its Spring Concert at 3 p.m. Sunday, May at the United Church of Los Alamos.
The concert entitled “Encore! Favorites Through The Years” will include music from past performances; from the 1970s through the past decade.
Included in this program are:
- “How Can I Keep From Singing”, an American folk hymn arranged by Ronald Staheli,
- “Frostiana”, poems by Robert Frost set to music by Randall Thomson,
- “Omnia Sol (Let Your heart Be Staid)”, by Z. Randall Stroope,
- “The Promise of Living”, with music by Aaron Copeland, and
- “Let Evening Come”, a poem by Jane Kenyon set to music by Mary Lynn Place Badarak, selections from a Lennon & McCartney Beattle’s collection, and other pieces.
The Choral Society is directed by Dr. Mary Badarak and the piano accompanist is Cindy Little. Tickets are $15 for adults. Students are free. The concert will be repeated in the Town of Cochiti Lake, at 1 p.m. Memorial Day, May 27.