CHARGER AQUATICS News:
Charger Aquatics – Los Alamos swim team is setting up a donation collection table 3-6 p.m. Thursday, May 22 in front of Smith’s Food and Drug Centers, 535 Central Ave., in Los Alamos to help with the relief efforts for injured and displaced pets affected by the devastating tornados in Moore, Okla. this week.
All contributions will be given to the New Mexico Dogs Deserve Better, which is partnering with Bernalillo County Animal Services, Good Shepherd Animal Clinic and many local retailers – including Los Alamos’ Pet Pangea.
A collection drop box will be available at the Larry R. Walkup Aquatic Center, by the front desk, through closing Saturday, May 25. Donations can also be dropped off anytime at Pet Pangea through Sunday, May 26 – when the items will be sorted, put on a truck and driven directly over to the devastated areas to help in the care and hopeful reuniting of pets with their owners.
The swimmers of Charger Aquatics thank the community in advance for your support in their endeavor!
ITEMS NEEDED THE MOST:
- CRATES and PET CARRIERS – ALL SIZES
- Please have them cleaned and collapsed to allow as many as possible to be transported.
- BIRD CAGES
- Smaller cages are needed to house one bird at a time. Please have them cleaned prior to drop off.
- PET BEDS
- BLANKETS/LARGE TOWELS
- SLIP LEADS
- WATER and FOOD BOWLS
- HEATING PADS
- MEDICAL SUPPLIES
- Gowns, latex gloves, syringes, gauze, vet wrap, ace bandages, IV fluids, saline, chlorahex, parvosol, KMR/ESBILAC, feeding syringes/bottles.
- FOOD FOR VARIOUS ANIMALS
- Dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, etc.
- CHEWIES, TREATS and TOYS (see above list of animals)
- CAT LITTER/LITTER PANS
- PAPER TOWELS
- OFFICE SUPPLIES
- Clip boards, pens, sharpies, sheet protectors, duct tape and zip ties.
- BOTTLED WATER
PEOPLE SNACKS (for the volunteers working in these heartbreaking trenches)
- Granola bars, fruit bars, nuts, chips, Gatorade, etc.