Community Health News:
The Los Alamos Heart Council and Los Alamos Medical Center are sponsoring a Free Flu Shot Clinic 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, Oct. 23 at the back parking lot of the UNM-Los Alamos campus.
Please enter by turning onto Sandia Drive from Diamond Drive (at the old Metzger’s Station), turn left on 40th Street and follow the signs and volunteers to the back parking lot.
The standard adult flu vaccine administer in a drive-through configuration that will not require people to get out of their vehicle.
Note: This clinic is for adults only, children will not be inoculated.
While this is a first come, first serve clinic, many hundreds of doses are available so attendees are urged not to begin arriving before 8:30 a.m. as that will interfere with set up and conduct of the clinic.
Attendees will be asked to adhere to the following procedures:
- Everyone in the vehicle will be required to have a face mask on while in line;
- Volunteers will direct attendees on traffic flow into the vaccination lines, as there will be multiple lines;
- Please follow the volunteers’ instructions at the clinic; and
- Each attendee will need to read, fill out and sign a consent form given them. Disposable card-board backers and pens will be given out, and attendees are asked to please take them and dispose of them at their home.
- As people sitting in center seats of car will not be vaccinates so please have only up to 4 people per vehicle to vaccinate;
- Before reaching the inoculation station, please remove any coats or sweaters and roll-up the sleeve of the arm at the window;
- Please proceed slowly and carefully up to the inoculation station;
- When reaching the inoculation station, please put vehicle in park and turn off the engine,
- Follow the volunteers’ instructions and when everyone in the vehicle has been vaccinated, follow the departure instructions and heed the directions of the police officers directing traffic at Sandia and Diamond Drive.
“We anticipate seeing many of you on Saturday Oct. 23 and are pleased to provide this small portion of our health fair in the continuing COVID-19 environment,” Los Alamos Heart Council President Phil Gursky said. “We are sorry to have to again cancel the regular Health Fair, but we hope to be able to see everyone next fall in the Griffith Gym for the health fair.”