On June 5, New Mexico will hold its 2012 Primary Election. Although many offices will appear on the ballot, only five offices have contested primary races.
In order to inform the electorate about these contests, the League of Women Voters of Los Alamos will host a forum on May 17 at UNM-Los Alamos in the Lecture Hall in Building 2 to introduce the community to the candidates:
6:30 p.m. – refreshments served / meet the candidates
7 p.m. – forum begins
All 12 candidates have accepted the League’s invitation.
The candidates include:
- U.S. Congressional District 3 (two Republicans)
- N.M. Senate District 5 (two Democrats)
- Court of Appeals (two Democrats)
- Public Regulation Commission (four Democrats)
- District Attorney (two Democrats)
Following the initial presentations, both the League and the audience will have the opportunity to direct questions to the candidates.
Each of these offices is important, and these questions for the candidates, as well as their responses, will help inform the community’s vote.