Los Alamos Visiting Nurse Service, Inc. at 2202 Canyon Road is a not-for-profit Home Health and Hospice Agency providing “intermittent” Skilled Nursing, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Pathology, Medical Social Services and Home Health Aides.
LAVNS serves patients in Los Alamos County, northern Santa Fe County and parts of Rio Arriba County. Services are provided under written physician orders in the patient’s home, under a plan of care developed to meet individual needs. Visits are routinely scheduled between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday and on weekends as medically necessary. An RN is available on call after regular office hours.
- Most Home Health Care is covered by private insurance, employers insurance, Medicare and Medicaid.
- Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act.
- The agency is federally certified, State licensed and approved by most private insurance companies.
- We are members of the New Mexico Association of Home Health Agencies, The National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization, and are members of the United Way of Northern New Mexico serving Los Alamos and Rio Arriba Counties.
- Community services include blood pressure clinics, participation in health fairs, volunteer education programs through local churches, volunteer training and support groups.