The public is invited to attend a meeting regarding a permit modification to the Los Alamos National Laboratory Hazardous Waste Facility Permit.
LANL is hosting the meeting at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 22 in Fuller Lodge, 2132 Central Ave., in Los Alamos.
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and Los Alamos National Security, LLC (LANS), have submitted a Class 2 permit modification request to modify the LANL Hazardous Waste Facility Permit.
The modification supports increases in container storage capacity at the permitted units known as RANT located at TA-54-38, West Indoor Unit and Outdoor Pad; increases the footprint of the TA-54-38 Indoor Unit; and updates and clarifies text within the Permit
LANL is owned by DOE, and is operated jointly by DOE and LANS.
The proposed permit modification is available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at:
- NMED – Hazardous Waste Bureau
- 2905 Rodeo Park Drive East, Building 1
- Santa Fe, N.M.
Copies also are available at the LANL Hardcopy Public Reading Room 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays at:
- Northern New Mexico Citizens’ Advisory Board Office
- 94 Cities of Gold Road in Pojoaque, N.M.
Electronic copies of the permit modification request also can be found in the Electronic Public Reading Room: Class 2 Permit Modification Request.
Comment: To comment on the proposed Class 2 permit modification, contact:
- Dave Cobrain
- NMED-Hazardous Waste Bureau,
- 2905 Rodeo Park Drive East, Building 1, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505-6313
- Telephone (505) 476-6000 or e-mail: email@example.com.
The Permittee’s compliance history during the life of the permit being modified is available from the NMED contact person. The 60-day public comment period for this permit modification will run May 6-July 5, 2013. Any person who wishes to comment on this action should submit written or e-mail comments with the commenter’s name and address to the address above. Only written comments received on or before July 5, 2013, will be considered.
Facility Contact: Direct questions to Los Alamos National Laboratory:
- Lorrie Bonds Lopez
- Environmental Communication & Public Involvement
- P.O. Box 1663, MS M996 Los Alamos, NM 87545
- Phone/email: 505-667-0216 / firstname.lastname@example.org