Los Alamos Little Theatre’s (LALT) production of “8x10s: 7 Come 11” concludes this weekend with performances 7:30 p.m., Friday and Saturday, Jan. 20 and 21.
Tickets are available online at Event Brite or at the door.
The production includes eight short plays written by local and regional playwrights. Most of the plays are guided by first-time directors who are expanding their foray into community theatre.
Situations presented in the plays include the modern hell known as a dinner party, doing a favor for a stranger that reveals a lost passion, the importance of choosing the correct tie, barbecuing shrimp amidst alien abduction, and riding a train through quantum uncertainties. The invention of the alphabet also gets some stage time.
The plays in the show, in order, are:
- An Unusual Bird written by Vicki Meagher and directed by Jazmine Torres
- Alphabet Soup written by John Gustafson and directed by Terry Beery
- Aliens written by Stephanie Karr and Mark Watts and directed by Fred Berl
- Gun Play written by Dale Dunn and directed by Jazmine TorrAll Aboard! written by Michael Burgan and directed by Kelly Dolejsi
- Necktie written by Cunningham North and directed by Gloria Galassi
- Tenth Circle of Hell written by Fred Berl
- Sleeping Through Armageddon written by Tess Light and directed by Seona Zimmerman
Los Alamos Little Theatre is a 501(c)3 organization that has presented theatrical productions since 1943. LALT manages the Performing Arts Center under a contract with Los Alamos County.