It’s not too late to purchase tickets for this weekend’s One Acts performed by members of the Los Alamos High School Olions as part of Winterfest Weekend.
Performances will be live streamed at 7 p.m. today and 7 p.m. Saturday. Tickets may be purchased at https://www.onthestage.com/show/los-alamos-high-school/winter-showcase-82349.and a confirmation email will be returned with the stream link, which will go live right at 7 p.m., so if the link doesn’t arrive, hit refresh and it should pop up.
Here is what viewers get to see over a fun-filled hour:
- One Act written by Class of 2020 Alum Ogden Berry;
- One Act written by Savannah Brown, Class of 2021;
- One Act written and performed by a group from the Intro to Theater class;
- NMAA State Competition Submitted One Act;
- Solo Musical Theater by Lizzie Massa; and
- Spoken Word Poetry by Carina Lanier.
Olions is the LAHS Thespian Club. Members have performed a number of plays and musicals over the years, including Hello Dolly and Twelfth Night: A Musical. The club is planning to perform [title of show] – a musical by Hunter Bell and Jeff Bowen in the spring as well as Murder on the Orient Express (tentative).
While the circumstances of this school year has prevented the group from meeting in person, members have been able to pull together this collection of one-act plays and individual performances for a virtual showcase.