The Los Alamos County Board of Public Utilities is set to meet at 5:30 p.m., Wednesday in Council Chambers at the Municipal Buildinh, 1000 Central Ave. The meeting is open to the public.
Items on the agenda include:
- Approval of Department of Public Utilities Budget for Fiscal Year 2016, presented by Deputy Utilities Manager Bob Westervelt (Finance/Administration);
- Approval of the revised Energy and Water Conservation Plan presented by Water & Energy Conservation Coordinator Christine Chavez;
- How the Board of Public Utilities should move forward with Council to discuss the annual profit transfer calculation presented by BPU Chair Andrew Fraser;
- Presentation of natural gas pre-pay savings for the year ending Sept. 30, 2014 presented by Deputy Utilities Manager Bob Westervelt; and
- Formation of a subcommittee to revise the Board of Public Utilities Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Approval of a contract for services agreement with Open Systems International, Inc. not to exceed $42,000, plus tax to conduct a compliance gap analysis of the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC)/Western Electricity Coordinating Council (WECC) Cyber Security Standards presented by Deputy Utilities Manager Steve Cummins (Electric); and
- Approval of a contract for services agreement with J.R. Merit Industrial Contractors for $2,683,628.42, plus tax for the El Vado Hydroelectric Plant Generator Rewind Project presented by Deputy Utilities Manager James Alarid (Engineering).
Public comments and input may be submitted to the Board prior to meetings by e-mailing email@example.com.
Oral public comment is accepted during the two periods identified on the agenda and prior to accepting a main motion on any business item. Oral comments should be limited to four minutes per person. Requests to make comments exceeding four minutes should be submitted to the Board in writing prior to the meeting.
The text of lengthy comments should be submitted to the Board prior to the meeting if possible, but may also be submitted during or after the meeting. Individuals representing or making a combined statement for a large group present at the meeting may be allowed additional time at the discretion of the Board.
Written public comment submitted prior to or during the meeting will be provided to the recording secretary to enter into the minutes as attachments.
Oral public comments will be summarized by the recording secretary in the minutes to give a brief succinct account of the overall substance of the person’s comments.
Complete Board of Public Utilities agenda packets, past agendas, legislation and minutes can be found online at http://losalamos.legistar.com/Calenar.aspx. For assistance, contact Utilities Department staff at 505.662.8132.
Learn more about the BPU at http://www.losalamosnm.us/gov/bcc/utilitiesboard.