“Food on the Hill” by Sue York
This week’s recipe:
- 2 2/3 cups(7oz) flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, finally chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 20 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
Mix first 6 ingredients, chill 3 hours.
Roll into small balls (maybe 3/4 inch) and chill well again.
Melt chocolate and dip balls into chocolate and chill again
I find when I run out of space in my fridge while getting ready for a party, that if it is cold out I can use a table outside to chill party items. You need to be aware of the temperature so it does not get too cold or too warm.