Retired Naval Officer Brad Winsted, a recent widower, is shown here with his eight children. Courtesy photo
The Bryce Avenue Presbyterian Church (PCA) is hosting a conference over the next three days, Nov. 1-3, to include the “Family Life Seminar” with Brad Winsted.
Winsted is director of Children’s Ministries International in Atlanta, Ga.
Winsted, is a retired naval officer, a recent widower, and the father of eight children.
He has ministered since 1997 with Children’s Ministry International, an educational publishing ministry that produces non-dated materials based on the Westminster Confession and Catechisms.
The conference goal is to help families live faithfully to God’s glory. In time allotted for the conference, Winsted will attempt to address these topics:
- What is a biblical covenant?
- What are the offices of Christ and how they affect our roles as parents?
- What biblical values should we instill in our children?
- How should parents be encouragers of each other and of their children?
- What are the noises (distractions) that keep us from fulfilling our covenantal duties as parents?
- What attitudes have we picked up from the world which have become barriers to our parenting?
- What are the names of our Covenant God that help to remind us as parents not to give up?
- How can parents redeem the time given to them to train their children in the instruction and admonition of the Lord?
Conference dates and times:
Thursday, Nov. 1
7-8:30 p.m. – Opening Session
Friday, Nov. 2
6 p.m. – Simple Supper
7-9 p.m. – Teaching Sessions
Saturday, Nov. 3
7:30-9:30 a.m. – Men’s Breakfast
The conference is free of charge and child care will be provided.
It is important to call or e-mail the church office to make reservations for the Friday evening “simple supper” at 672.3364 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Henry Fernandez is the pastor of Bryce Avenue Presbyterian Church, 333 Bryce Ave. in White Rock..