Jemez Springs Public Library. Courtesy photo
JEMEZ SPRINGS LIBRARY News:
A great way to kick off eight weeks of programs at Jemez Springs Public Library is with the experts in science fun, the Explora! science museum of Albuquerque.
Explora! will provide a range of exhibits and activities for locals and visitors alike in the Jemez Springs Park, weather permitting, or inside the library otherwise 5-7 p.m. Friday, May 30.
Here are just a few things they have planned for Family Science Night:
- Scribble Machines: Construct contraptions to make art. Combine pencils, markers and recycled materials with circuits, and motors to make small bots that draw or make marks in sand (or salt).
- Dixie Copters: Create your own flying contraption out of dixie cups and see how it flies in a wind tunnel. Create one that spins or one that flies high.
- Circuit Boards:Create a circuit to turn on a light bulb. Can you turn on two light bulbs? What about a motor?
- Brain Teasers and Optical Illusions: Challenge your brain as your make 8 equilateral triangles out of only 6 sticks or balance 12 nails on the head of another nail.
- Balls and Tracks: Make discoveries on mass and collisions as you roll a variety of balls down different tracks.
- This event is for everyone from babies on up. It’s all free to the public, through the generous support of the Friends of Jemez Springs Public Library.
More fun follows with the Teen Science Fiction Movie Series at 7:30 p.m. in the Community Room.
The Summer Reading Program is not just for kids, either. Adults get to have fun too! Everyone can read and keep track of minutes read, books read, or time spent listening to stories or audiobooks. The library will supply the reading logs and everyone can win prizes when they turn in their logs.
The Jemez Springs Public Library will have lots of great book selections on hand to check out at all events and can help you find the perfect read. All you need is a library card, so come by and sign up soon.
Join Library staff at 6-7 p.m. each Friday May 30- July 25 in the Park. Locals and visitors are encouraged to bring a picnic and enjoy a variety of different interactive programs and presenters each week.
Contact the Library for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 575.829.9155.