- Friday, Dec. 1, the museum is open until 7 p.m.
- Sunday Dec. 3, Museum admission is free for New Mexico residents with ID.
- Saturday, Dec. 9, Museum of Art patrons will be treated to the sounds of the Desert Harp Ensemble playing holiday music in the museum lobby in the afternoon in advance of the evening’s Christmas at the Palace (of Governors) across the street.
- 1-1:30 p.m. and 3-3:30 p.m. in the St. Francis Auditorium, Marionette plays “A Party for Papa Gus.” Teatro Duende presents a little skit by the Marionettes: Juan, Rosina and Miguelito try very hard to get ready for a party, but rascally Warts keeps causing trouble! Puppeteers Joy Ginther, Danielle Reddick, Patrick Briggs, Melissa Heiman and Westin McDowell. Directed by Barbara Hatch.
- 12-4 p.m. make your own stick puppet in the Museum Main Lobby. Roni Rohr and friends help children of all ages create their own puppet character.
- 12- 4 p.m. also Find Freckles in the Museum’s Rear Lobby. Freckles the marionette is hiding somewhere in the museum. As you go through the galleries looking for Freckles, pick up clues that will lead you to find him and win a prize!
- 1:30-2:15 p.m. and 3:30-4 p.m. Smile for Selfies with Santa! in the St. Francis Auditorium. Parents, have your camera ready for this photo opportunity! Get your picture taken with Santa on your lap! It’s a photo opportunity with the Baumann Santa Claus marionette, for children of all ages. Led by Puppeteer Danielle Reddick.
- 3:30-4 p.m. St. Francis Auditorium, say Goodnight to the Marionettes. Help tuck the marionettes into their boxes until they emerge next year with their Holiday magic.
Santa Dancing. Courtesy/ NM Museum of Art