- Over the past 19 years, DNCU has awarded $158,000 in scholarships and assisted 158 local students
SANTA FE—Del Norte Credit Union (DNCU), New Mexico’s hometown financial cooperative, has announced the recipients of the DNCU Scholarship program for the 2019-20 school year. The 10 finalists will each receive $1,000 toward their higher education goals – college or vocational school of their choice.
“The scholarship program at DNCU was created to inspire younger generations to reach their full potential, and we are honored to present these ten exemplary students with scholarships,” DNCU CEO/President Chuck Valenti said. “This is our way of telling the youth in our community that they we value them, and support their future success.”
DNCU makes scholarships available to any current member who is a graduating senior, homeschool or GED student attending an accredited vocational school, college or university for the upcoming school year. Winners are chosen based on their academic record, work experience, statement of goals, and demonstrated leadership in their schools and communities. Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship Management Services, a division of Scholarship America.
“I am honored to receive one of your $1,000 scholarships. Thank you very much for recognizing me for this generous award,” said DNCU Scholarship recipient and credit union member Jonathan L. Doorn of Los Alamos. “In addition to winning one of your scholarships, I am extremely satisfied with the service I have received while banking at Del Norte since I opened my first checking account.”
2019-20 DNCU Scholarship Recipients:
- Jonathan L. Doorn, Los Alamos High School, White Rock;
- Alix O. Hailey, Los Alamos High School, Los Alamos;
- Anna D. Lemke, Los Alamos High School, Los Alamos;
- Chloe D. Fell, Española High School, Española;
- Timothy D. Gallegos, Escalante Middle-High School, Chama;
- Mireya L. Martinez, McCurdy Charter School, Santa Cruz;
- Adrianna F. Quintana, Pojoaque Valley High School, Santa Fe;
- Taylor R. Roybal, Pojoaque Valley High School, Santa Cruz;
- Larissa K. Sheffield, Santa Fe High School, Santa Fe; and
- Jack W. Stafford, Home School, Los Alamos.
About Del Norte Credit Union
Charted in 1954, Del Norte Credit Union is dedicated to improving lives by being the ideal partner for a better future. As a financial cooperative DNCU designs their financial products and services with their member/owners financial success in mind. They provide unbiased advice for their 51,000 + members throughout the State of New Mexico. For more information, visit dncu.org.