SANTA FE — Del Norte Credit Union (DNCU), the southwestern financial cooperative tasked with the mission of improving lives in New Mexico, has announced a series of measures designed to provide financial assistance and relief to communities impacted by fires in New Mexico.
“For some members and employees of DNCU, these fires have hit home, literally,” CEO/President of DNCU Chuck Valenti said. “When fires interrupt our lives in this way, we understand that financial assistance is a critical tool for relief from one of the many burdens that affected communities carry. Moving quickly to offer loan payment extensions, fee waivers and direct donations, we believe that DNCU’s response to this crisis provides an effective mix of financial assistance for those impacted by these fires.”
DNCU’s programs include:
- Special Emergency Loans for those impacted by Hermits Peak, Calf Canyon or Cerro Pelado fires;
- Payment extensions on existing DNCU mortgage and other loans;
- Waiver of fees on new manufactured and modular construction loans;
- $3,000 worth of supplies, including employee donations, alongside the city of Española’s contributions to the needs of Mora County;
- $3,000 donation to The Food Depot Fire Relief Effort and inclusion of Food Depot donation barrels at all DNCU locations;
- $1,000 donation to Desert Paws of New Mexico for assistance with evacuation and relocation of animals; and
- 1,000 pounds of animal feed donated via NM Sol, IAFF Local 2059, IAFF Local 244, NMPFFA, I.B.E.W 611, and AFSCME Council 18.
Those interested in applying for special emergency loans or manufactured/modular construction loans may do so online at dncu.com. Applicants for loan extensions, or those experiencing difficulty with online access, are encouraged to call 1.877.818.DNCU (3628).
DNCU continues to monitor fire conditions and will make adjustments as needed. In the event that Los Alamos and White Rock citizens are evacuated, those DNCU offices will temporarily close and personnel will be relocated to DNCU’s two Española offices at 1720 North Riverside Drive and 1216 Paseo de Oñate.
About Del Norte Credit Union
Chartered in 1954, Del Norte Credit Union is a not-for-profit credit union based in New Mexico with a mission of improving lives. DNCU offers a wide variety of products and services designed to make members achieve financial success. Today DNCU serves more than 57,000 members throughout New Mexico and the United States.