- Seven northern New Mexico students win $1,000 for higher education
SANTA FE—Del Norte Credit Union, northern New Mexico’s hometown financial co-op, is pleased to announce the winners of the DNCU Scholarship program for 2013.
The seven winners each will receive $1,000 toward the higher education program in which they are enrolled in the fall of 2013.
“We understand that higher education costs are driving students to look for non-traditional sources of financial aid,” said Chuck Valenti, President and CEO of Del Norte Credit Union. “This is our way of supporting young people in the community as they strive to secure a viable career. We wish all the winners well.”
DNCU’s Scholarship Award is a $1,000 award given to members in good standing who are in pursuit of higher education at any college, university, or vocational school.
Winners are chosen based on their academic record, work experience, statement of goals, and demonstrated leadership in their schools and communities. Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship Management Services, a division of Scholarship America.
DNCU Scholarship winners for 2013:
- Allison Rooney – Los Alamos High School, Los Alamos
- Leanne Alarid – McCurdy Charter School, Española
- Janira Cordova – St. Michael’s High School, Santa Fe
- Alicia Dominguez – Mesa Vista High School, Ojo Caliente
- Brandon Martinez – Española Valley High School, Española
- Matthew Pacheco – Pojoaque Valley High School, Pojoaque
- Silowen Zeir – Monte del Sol Charter School, Santa Fe
About Del Norte Credit Union
Chartered in 1954 as Los Alamos Scientific Lab Credit Union, Del Norte Credit Union is dedicated to helping its members achieve their financial goals by being a trusted source of unbiased financial advice. Today DNCU serves 14 counties in northern New Mexico and more than 46,000 members.