FAMILY YMCA News:
The Family YMCA offers a several dance classes for a variety of ages and skill levels.
Community members are welcome to stop by and “try-out” any class once at no charge.
Starting Feb. 2, the Beginners Flamenco dance class will be working with a Traditional Flamenco guitarist.
It is a great time to join the class.
Other classes include:
- Belly Dance (ages 10-up) 1-2 p.m., Saturdays
- Bharatanatyam (all ages) Classical South India Dance 4-5 p.m., Sundays
- Flamenco for Beginners (ages 10-up) 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m., Saturdays
- Ballet for Beginners (ages 8-up) 4-5 p.m., Thursdays
- Hip Hop for Kids (ages 8-13) 4-5 p.m., Tuesdays
- Kathak (all ages) Classical North India Dance 3:15-4:45 p.m., Sundays
Financial Assistance is available to those who qualify thanks to the YMCA Annual Strong Kids Campaign and The United Way of Northern New Mexico.
Stop by The Family YMCA at 1450 Iris St., call 662-3100 or visit www.laymca.org for details or to register for a class.