At 8 a.m. today, all trails on the Santa Fe National Forest have closed due to fire danger.
This includes, but is not limited to:
Sections of the Perimeter Trail (visit www.losalamosnm.us and Parks/Open Space & Trails/Trails Network to link to a land ownership map for details)
- Mitchell Trail above (north of) the Perimeter Trail
- Rendija Trail, Pajarito Trail, Cabra Loop
- Guaje Ridge Trail, Guaje Canyon Trail
- Pipeline Road
- Quemazon Trail from about 0.6 miles above the trailhead
- Cañada Bonita Trail (Guaje Canyon Trail)
- Water, Valle, Pajarito Canyon trails and the Nail Trail
Also, due to construction work on the Los Alamos Reservoir, the road to the reservoir is currently closed.
NOTE: All trails on Los Alamos County Open Space and in Bandelier National Monument area are open.