The Los Alamos County Council formally accepted the Tourism Strategic Plan Feb. 27, after an eight-month planning process. The plan can be found at: www.losalamostourismplan.com.
As part of Council’s action on Feb. 27, the Tourism Implementation Task Force was formed, and staff was directed to bring back a charter for the task force. This task force was modeled after the White Rock Master Plan Implementation Committee and will provide guidance and expertise to the Council and County staff on implementation issues.
The highlights of this new Task Force are:
- Task Force is initially chartered for two years;
- Task Force will be comprised of various tourism stakeholders including the community-at-large, business community and assets/attractions;
- Total number of members not to exceed 11;
- Task Force will also include representatives from Historic Preservation, Lodgers’ Tax Advisory, and Parks/Recreation Boards;
- Members will be initially appointed for a two term; and
- County project manager will be staff liaison to task force.
The Task Force will be appointed by Council and this item is tentatively set for consideration at the Council meeting at 6 p.m., May 1 in Council Chambers.
Applicants should submit a one or two-page letter of interest which, includes your name, address, phone number and e-mail address, name of your employer (if applicable), any civic organizations or relevant tourism or economic development background, explain why you would like to serve on the Task Force, and comment on your strengths and expertise in contributing to the accomplishment of the tasks outlined in the Task Force’s defined Scope of Work and charter (available on-line at www.losalamosnm.us under Government/Projects/Economic Development Projects).
E-mail your application to email@example.com or drop it off at the County Council’s office (1000 Central Ave, Suite 350, inside the Municipal Building).
The deadline for letters of interest is 5 p.m. Thursday, April 19.
For questions, contact Assistant to the County Manager Linda Matteson at 505.662.8086 or firstname.lastname@example.org.