Los Alamos County Municipal Building, 1000 Central Ave. Photo by Carol A. Clark/ladailypost.com
Photo by Carol A. Clark/ladailypost.com
The month of May is dedicated to moving nearly 150 employees into the new Los Alamos County Municipal Building downtown at 1000 Central Ave.
The 311 Customer Care Center will be one of the very last service areas to move to the new building; therefore, they will be the best resource to call (3-1-1 from a land line or 505-662-8333 from a cell phone) for questions about any of the departments. Within each department, at least one staff member has been designated to have a cell phone and to be available to take questions during the move.
Within the new building, signage in the lobby will show visitors where the new departments are located, along with a poster of the move schedule as shown below. Staff in the Public Works department, located just off the main lobby of the new buildling, are also able to help the public with general move questions.
Members of the public are asked to limit access to the building throughout May as it is very busy with movers, boxes, furniture and staff loading and unloading large trucks.
The community will be invited to a Grand Opening and Building dedication, which is set for 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., June 28.
Editor’s note: More details will be published in the Los Alamos Daily Post as the event draws closer. .
Parking spaces are set aside for electric vehicles. Photo by Carol A. Clark/ladailypost.com
Electric vehicle charging station. Photo by Carol A. Clark/ladailypost.com
Electric vehicle park and charge stalls. Photo by Carol A. Clark/ladailypost.com
Remaining Move Schedule:
- May 20 Dept. of Public Utilities Administration (170 Central Pk Sq)
- May 21 County Administrator’s Office
- May 22 Dept. of Public Utilities (150 Central Pk Sq, but not 311)
- May 23-24 311 Customer Care Center (150 Central Pk Sq)
- May 17-22 County Records Office
- May 23-27 Historical Society – Archives Office
- After all County Staff have moved:
- June 5-24 Council Chambers Audio/Video Equipment moves out of Community Bldg
- June 25 First Council meeting in new Council Chambers
- June 28 Grand Opening and Building Dedication
- June 30 Last day of leases for modulars;
- July 31 Last day of leases for rental space.
Furniture and excess items will be addressed during May and June using a contractor for sale or disposal. Contact the Procurement office with questions about the sale/disposal or contract, 505-661-7087.
Residents or businesses with concerns are encouraged to contact the County’s Project Manager, Anthony Strain at email@example.com or the Capital Projects Office at 662-8112.